2019: BACK-2-BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Lynn Men’s Golf Tops Lincoln Memorial for NCAA Title
Daniels, W. Va. - A year ago there was suspense on the 18th green for the Lynn University men's golf team. There was no such uncertainty this season as Jorge Villar tapped in his par to comfortably give Lynn University's men's golf team a 3-2 victory over Lincoln Memorial to claim its second consecutive NCAA Division II Men's Golf National Championship.
The win gives the Fighting Knights 25 national championships in school history. Lynn's men's golf program now has two NCAA titles and three overall (1996 – NAIA).
Highlights from the Season:
- Lynn won five tournaments during the season, giving the program 51 in total.
- Toto Gana was honored as a First Team All-American, becoming the first golfer in program history to collect First Team, Second Team and Freshman All-American honors in a career.
- 12th consecutive year with at least one All-American.
- Nine consecutive seasons with at least two tournament victories.
- Six consecutive seasons with multiple All-SSC selections.
- Giovanni Manzoni and Agustin Errazuriz were named Freshman All-Americans, the third time the program has had mutiple Freshman All-America honorees and first since 2017.
- Gana became the program leader in NCAA National Championship match play victories with seven.
- Head coach Andy Walker became the third coach in school history to win a national title in his first season, joining Shaun Pendleton (Men's Soccer - 1991) and Rocky Orrezoli (Women's Soccer - 1998).
- Walker also won more tournaments than any other first year men's golf coach in school history.