2013: Victory! Women's Golf Fights to the Finish to Claim NCAA Division II National Championship
Daytona Beach, Fla.- Lynn University's women's golf team captured the 2013 NCAA Division II National Championship on Saturday afternoon, edging four-time defending national champions and top-ranked Nova Southeastern by three strokes with a 1,187 team score in the four-round tournament held at the LPGA International Legends Course. Lynn shot a 305 on the final day to finish the tournament +35 on the 6,228-yard par-72 course. This is the second NCAA title for the women's program, and fourth overall, and gives Lynn University 21 national championships in its illustrious history.
Highlights from the season:
- Set program record for victories in a season (Six).
- Won first NCAA South Region Tournament in program history.
- Set school record for team 54-hole score (868) at Lady Moc Classic.
- Samantha Smolen set school records for 36-hole scoring.
- Five WGCA All-Americans.
- Five WGCA All-American Scholars.