2007: Men's Tennis Captures First National Title
Altamonte Springs, Fla. - The No. 6 Lynn University men’s tennis team took out the No. 5 Valdosta State Blazers 5-1 on Saturday morning at Sanlando Park to claim the program’s first national championship. Valdosta State was the defending national champion.
Highlights from the season:
- First men's tennis national championship in school history.
- Dennis Riegraf and Julien Carsuzza became the first doubles team in program history to win the ITA 'Super Bowl.'
- Lorenzo Cava finished the season as the No. 1 ranked singles player in the nation; the first since Ivan Keskinov topped the rankings in 1997.
- Riegraf became the program's leader in career singles victories and became the first player in program history to be named the ITA Regional Senior Player of the Year.
- Head coach Mike Perez was honored as the ITA National Coach of the Year on the men's side for the first time.